A while back, I wished, I could play one of my favorite shooting games, on my phone, on my PC. Before jumping to conclusions and deem this particular wish futile, I did what most of us do first when we want to find answers fast. I searched it on the internet. Guess what? I ended up landing on one of the most exciting experiences which I will share details with you in just a bit. BlueStacks was my answer.
What is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks Android Emulator is an app player produced by an American technology company among other many cloud-based products. You can get Bluestacks on Windows for free.
This app has been crafted with the sole purpose of allowing Android-based applications to run on your PC. Whether you are using Windows or Mac operating systems, BlueStacks is compatible.
Have I mentioned that it is cloud-connected yet? I bet you will love this part even more. Courtesy of its fluid connectivity you can sync almost everything on your phone including apps, chats, updates, maps among others from the word go. This is one of the coolest features, apart from BlueStacks being free, that I trust will get you hooked from the very start.
Other Features on BlueStacks
The app enables you to download and use other apps and games from the Google Play Store, offers one of a kind visual effects, and allows for live game streaming be it on Facebook or twitch. BlueStacks simply gives you the pleasure of enjoying your Android platform from the comfort of your PC.
By now you have that favorite app or game that you are dying to use or play straight from your PC other than your phone or you would just like to give BlueStacks a try. Well, here is how to go about it.
To begin with, let us first cover some of the basic requirements for BlueStacks to fully function on your PC.
For Windows you will need:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- 2GB RAM space
- 4GB HDD space
- Graphics Processing Unit with Direct X 9.0 and above
- .NET framework 3.5 and above
- Administrator privileges
For Mac you will need:
- Mac OS Sierra or higher
- 4GB RAM space
- 4GB HDD space
- Latest and up to date graphics driver
- Administrator privileges
If all the above requirements are completely met, as per your operating system, then you are ready for the next procedure.
How to Successfully Download BlueStacks?
Now you are one step closer to having one of a kind experience with BlueStacks. Downloading it is one of the easiest and fastest processes there is but one thing to keep in mind here is the storage location of the executable file. Other than that, follow the following steps to download it.
- You need to open any of the most preferred browsers on your PC. This is normally done by double-clicking on its icon.
- When it opens, navigate to the URL bar and go to the BlueStacks official website which is www.bluestacks.com.
- When the site has opened, click on the big green button with the words “Download BlueStacks.” It is in the middle section of the web page. This will prompt downloading automatically.
- If the download did not start, click on the restart download link and the download will begin automatically.
- Downloading speed will vary according to your internet speed but all you can do now is to wait for the download to finish, and you will have your executable file in the appropriate download folder.
- Now you are ready to install and enjoy.
Download Bluestacks For Mac
- Open your favorite browser and go to the following website, https://bluestacksdownloads.com/bluestacks-mac/
- Scroll down and click on the blue words written “Download.DMG file.”
- Do not worry if a pop-up box is written “System Extension Blocked” shows up.
- You will need to navigate to “Security Preferences” then go to settings on “Security and Privacy” and click on “Allow.”
- Now your download will be ready for your mac.
- Once done, you are ready to run BlueStacks on your mac and enjoy the Android experience on it.
All in all, even though BlueStacks does not emulate the whole experience on Android, it is simply one of the smoothest and most straightforward ways of running Android-based apps on your PC. Wouldn’t you love to save time checking your texts from your PC other than checking your phone every time?